California Lemon Law, also known as California’s Song-Beverly Consumer Warranty Act, was enacted in 1970 to protect consumers from faulty vehicles. As a buyer, you may be entitled to benefits if your vehicle is a lemon. The California Lemon Law has codified some of the more extreme examples of new and used lemon vehicles:
- The vehicle manufacturer has made two or more attempts to repair a warranty-covered defect that has the potential to cause serious bodily injury or death.
- The vehicle manufacturer has made four or more attempts to repair the same warranty-covered problem.
- The vehicle has been out of service for more than 30 days while being repaired for any number of warranty-covered problems.
- The vehicle has several warranty-covered problems, of which were not caused by abuse of the vehicle, that significantly compromises its functionality or safety.
If your vehicle has been proven to meet California Lemon Law criteria, your rights include:
- A full refund based on the original acquisition price of the vehicle.
- A replacement of your vehicle.
- Attorney fees and costs paid by the manufacturer, not you (the consumer).
If the manufacturer refuses to meet your rights or unnecessarily delays the process, it might be time to seek out a lemon law firm.
Types of California Lemon Law Cases
Lemon Law in California expands far beyond new cars. Although each and every case will come with its own individual details, lemon law cases in California apply to the following new, used, and leased vehicle types:
- Motor Homes and Recreational Vehicles
Why Hire Us
There are more than 2 million vehicles sold in California each year. Furthermore, the auto industry is extremely well protected with legal defense. If you believe your vehicle is defective, you need a lemon law legal group who values consumer justice more than anything else. At Cline APC, our San Diego lemon lawyers hold this concept in the highest regard.
In such a big city, many car attorneys will have paralegals handling your case. At our San Diego lemon law firm, we promise that your case will receive all the individual attention it needs to resolve your issue as quickly as possible. Additionally, we do not charge any extra contingency fees from your lemon law buy back if you choose to work with an attorney from our lemon law firm.
We will make it a point to educate you on all aspects of lemon law and how your unique situation plays into the complex system. Once you have all the information you need, we will work with you to ensure you get the consumer justice you deserve.
About San Diego
- San Diego County covers 4,526 square miles.
- It has a population of about 3.5 million people.
- There are nearly 3 million vehicles currently registered in San Diego County.
With so many cars on the road, your vehicle’s functionality and safety needs to be one of your top priorities. A single malfunction could potentially be deadly to both you and other drivers. Our San Diego lemon lawyers are well-versed in the area and know all the details necessary to prove that your new or used vehicle is indeed a lemon.
Get Started with a Free San Diego Lemon Law Consultation Today
If you believe your vehicle is a lemon, you shouldn’t waste any time in filing a case. If you choose to wait, you are putting yourself and the lives of others at risk.
Get in contact with our San Diego lemon lawyer today and book a FREE consultation!
We will guide you through every step of the process and do everything in our power to make sure you get a functional vehicle you can feel safe operating.
How to Contact Us
Our San Diego lemon law office can be reached by phone, email, or walk-in.
7855 Ivanhoe Avenue, Suite 408
La Jolla, California 92037
Proudly Serving All Of California
- Anaheim Lemon Law
- Bakersfield Lemon Law
- Chula Vista Lemon Law
- Fresno Lemon Law
- Irvine Lemon Law
- Long Beach Lemon Law